Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A quick observation

Tonight I was feeling the need for a late-night snack and looking at my mostly-bare food shelves, decided I'd try out a PowerBar Gel that had been left over from my last trip to the mountains. I don't usually eat these things, but for the sake of variety I had decided to grab a few on my last trip to REI.

Once I started eating it I decided it was actually pretty tasty (unlike the flavor "orange" that I tried in the mountains last week).

Wanting to remember which flavor it was for my next shopping excursion, I looked at the package.

Here's the thing: the kitchen was dark when I opened it up and threw its top into the garbage. At my desk and in full light, it was impossible to tell what flavor it was. None of the ingredients gave me any hint ("C2 max carbohydrate blend?", "kola nut extract", and "natural flavor"), and without the bit of the label that told me what it was. At first I was thinking it might be raspberry, but maybe it's more of a strawberry-banana. But no actual fruit appeared in the list of ingredients in any way.

It's just another one of those scary not-so-real foods...

No comments:

Post a Comment