Friday, February 27, 2009

FAQ: Where are you planning on going in New Zealand?

Well, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I'm planning on playing it by ear to some extent. I do know that I'm flying into Wellington and out of Christchurch, but how much ground I cover depends on weather, my legs, and how much hiking and sightseeing I end up doing along the way. I'm hoping to bike about 50-60 miles per day when I'm biking (I had been thinking 75, but when I rode my fully-loaded bike for the first time in a long time, I re-evaluated), and think I can cover a good deal of the South Island, especially if I take a bus to Christchurch at the end.

Here's a map of with blue markers indicating spots that I hope to hit along the way. Click on each marker for more information.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment