Friday, February 20, 2009

It's not all fun and games...

Being funemployed is not always as glamorous as it sounds. On Thursday and Friday I spent a good chunk of my time on homework; I'm taking a graphics programming class through the University of Washington Extensions this winter (and took its predecessor in the fall), and it's been driving me a little batty this quarter. The 3-hour class sessions don't seem to be preparing us for our assignments, which is a recipe for banging one's head against the wall repeatedly and a lot of time wasted on dead-ends.

I also spent time getting ready for the New Zealand trip: picking up the bike at the bike shop, giving it a test ride, trying to figure out whether to take a trailer or a rack + panniers, etc., etc.

Long story short, Friday I was supposed to be out skiing, but opted to stay home and work on homework instead. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment