Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Training!

If I'm going to meet my goal of biking ~14 days in New Zealand for 75 miles per day, I need to be in decent shape before I head over there. To that end I've been getting on the bike a bit lately, and did some decent work yesterday: about 6 miles of running and 51 miles of biking. The riding will be more difficult in New Zealand, however as I will be carrying a significant amount of weight (clothing, tent, sleeping bag, etc.), and riding solo. I'm going to try to get in as much training as possible before I head out so that the riding doesn't wipe me out! I'm also planning on doing a one-night overnight bike-camping trip to make sure that my equipment works all right. I'm surprisingly busy these days, so fitting in lots of long rides is going to be a little tricky, but I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment