Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Chuck Norris combs his hair with the teeth of a mighty lion"


New Zealand's south island has about one million inhabitants, 10 million sheep, and 20 million tourists driving around in campervans.
Sure, that's a bit of an exaggeration (the bit about the campervans, at least), but it does seem that on any given day about half of the vehicles that pass me are campervans.

There is at least one company down here that tries to differentiate themselves by spraypainting their vans with funky designs in an effort
to appeal to the younger crowd. Some of them have various sayings spraypainted on the sides or rear.

I first noticed the Chuck Norris comment yesterday morning around Ross
and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've seen it ten
times since then.

The most bizarre part is that I was getting quite pleased with myself
for getting off the beaten path today - about 15 km down a dirt road
to a wild beach. I was thinking to myself that I hadn't seen a single
vehicle heading in the direction of the beach and was excited that I
might have it all to myself.

But in the last kilometer, the Chuck Norris-mobile struck again.
Drat! I guess I'll just have to work on my karate moves so that I'll
have complete solitude at the next remote beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment