Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where the heck have you been?

Note: if you don't post anything for a couple of days, mom starts to
wonder...

So I turned on my fully/charged phone in Nelson to post a picture to
facebook, and the next time I turn my phone on 3 hours later, it's
dead. Very mysterious. I hope it wasn't calling Russia without me or
anything.

And then when I was camping in a nice lady's yard last night, I really
didn't want to bother her by asking for some electricity for my phone.
I mean, maybe strange cyclists routinely show up in her yard asking
for a spot on her lawn (there wasn't a place to stay for probably 30k
in either direction), but she seemed like a bit of a timid woman and I
didn't want to freak her out or anything.

And then when I arrived at the Alpine Lodge here at St. Arnaud, I
unpacked just enough to get the tent drying and then wolfed down Yet
Another Meat Pie and headed out to find a nice afternoon hike.

And so now, here I am, showered, fed (thanks in part to some of the
folks getting rid of their leftovers in the backpacker's kitchen),
laundered, and ready to do some writing.

Because when I'm out on the road and trail I'm almost constantly
composing messages in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment