Monday, March 2, 2009

How to survive a 15-hour flight in 3 easy steps

1)  As soon as you get on board, set your watch to the local time of your destination.
2)  Bring Nyquil.  When your watch says that it is night time, take 2.
3)  Wear your lucky socks.  In my case, my lucky sock monkey socks get me a whole row (4 seats) to myself.

Your mileage may vary; I was lucky enough to have a flight that took off at 10:30 p.m. PST.  I was awake for the first 3 or 4 hours, then slept soundly for 4, then dozed for another 4 until breakfast was served. More dozing followed until we landed.

This (plus some I'm-on-a-new-continent adrenaline) was enough sleep to get me through a day in Sydney pretty well.  Although I must say that now (5:45 p.m. Sydney time) I'm ready for a serious nap.

And for those who keep track of these things, we were served a good-sized dinner and breakfast and a nice "snack bag" on our flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment