Monday, March 2, 2009

Six hours in Sydney

It is a beautiful day here in Sydney. I'm on top of one of the pylons
of the harbor bridge and have also taken a nice walk through the
botanical gardens. Anyone want to move to Sydney with me? As far as I
can tell, this place is paradise!

If you ever have a long layover in Sydney, I'd definitely recommend an excursion to the harbor.  I suppose it depends on 
how busy the airport is on the day in question, but I feel like today it would 
have worked fine with a layover of 4 hours or more.  

Highlights of my excursion included a walk through the Royal Botanical Gardens,
checking out the exterior of the Sydney Opera House, taking a ferry across the
harbor to the zoo (but opting out of entering the zoo when I realized it cost $39),
visiting the Museum of Contemporary Art (free!), and walking up to the top of
one of the pylons of the Harbor Bridge and checking out the museum there ($9 AUS).

I really enjoyed the Yayoi Kusama exhibit there.  Gary, if you're reading this, you
should check her out, especially because of your Japan trip!  Josh, she did some work
that are ripoffs of your doodles... but on a much larger scale.  

Of course I managed to also sneak some ice cream in there.  :)

And one of the highlights of the day is the free shower and free internet at the airport!

Speaking of which, gotta go catch my flight!

4 comments:

  1. Wait till you come here! The water is warmer, the beaches less crowded and no great whites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - I'm quite amazed at your ability to post updates including pictures so quickly! Not to mention your energy to get out of the airport and go sightseeing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is getting embarrassing. I think you may have done more in 6 hours in Sydney than I did in 3 days! Nice work and I'm so glad you were able to sleep some on the plane! Makes such a difference, hey!

    I'm currently dominating your blog comments. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and it's Harbour, not Harbor. Ha. Okay, I really need to get a life of my own now...

    ReplyDelete